erection stability.

>From a fabricator/erector viewpoint, I have argued
against some of these limitations in Manual
committee meetings, but it seems there are too
many engineers on the committee who don't want to
see SPSC used at all.

Replied by:
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
[mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On Behalf Of
Charles Canitz
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 9:39 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Fwd: Single Plate LST
Holes

Harold -

   Thanks again.

   This is a situation where the SEOR was
requiring a slip critical type
connection since the Steel Manual's single plate
prescribed "cookbook"
design procedure mentions only standard and short
slot type holes.

   I advised him that the Specifications did allow
loads applied normal to
the long slot but he kept circling back to the
Manual's Connections and
Shear sections.

Charles Canitz