From: Paul Ransom <PRansom(--nospam--at)PaulRansom.ca>
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Design of Crane-Supporting Structure Including
Testing Load
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Date: Friday, January 11, 2013, 8:36 AM

Benham,
Yes. The basic design with standard operating loads is adequate to include
the test case for WorkSafeBC.

I would imagine that the designer for a 200Ton crane would be available to
respond to questions but typically the test loads are not included in the
reported max static wheel loads.

> I have industrial concrete structure with 200 ton crane. My question is
> with regards to loads due to load-testing and rating of cranes. Workers
> Comp standards such as WorkSafeBC OHS Regulation 14 requires that cranes
be
> tested at 125% of their rated capacity. How is this requirement addressed
> in the design of the crane-supporting structure? Is it assumed that the
> maximum wheel loads provided by the crane supplier already include this
> 125%, or does the designer of the crane-supporting structure need to
> apply 125% to the wheel loads on top of the 1.5x1.25 load factors?
Alternatively,
> is it common practice to consider the 125% load test value in combination
> with 1.25 impact and a live load factor of less than 1.5 considering that

Truncated 792 characters in the previous message to save energy.