-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 4:58 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Stack Strakes

Ray,

        Thank you, Ray.  I will definitely look into  that if I proceed
with the concept of wire rope strakes.  I see other benefits as well: I
wouldn't have to check wire rope stiffness in bending to avoid the impacts;
 I wouldn't have to use clips that clamp the wire, just restrain it from
moving out of position; the clips could be much farther apart, hence, many
less of them; and maybe more.

        If you use impact dampers frequently what sort of damping ratio
would you guess would be reasonable?

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Minor" <ray.minor(--nospam--at)hapco.com>