To: <seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:21 PM
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Stack Strakes

Daryl,

We have measured natural frequency of installed poles but not to compare it
to calculated frequencies.  Our impact damper's performance is not very
dependent on the frequency. We do have different dampers for 1st mode and 2nd mode vibration because of differences in the frequencies and
amplitudes.

Robert Conners of Perdue University has done some testing of high mast
(100'+ tall) lighting poles with fiber rope wrapped around it.

Ray