RE: Aluminum/steel contact

You need EPDM material , 1.5mm thickness is sufficient

David Cohen

-------- Original message --------
From: Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com>
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Aluminum/steel contact

I have a case where the owner wants to use a aluminum handrail/post
system that slips into aluminum sleeves that are bolted to structural
steel.  I need to add a layer of material between the aluminum plate that
holds the sleeve and the structural steel.  I am using stainless steel
bolts. Can anyone recommend or point me toward a protect that I can use
to keep the aluminum plate from contacting the structural steel?

--
*Drew Morris, PE*| /Project Engineer/
Ph: (907)274-2236 | Fax: (907)274-2520 | Web: www.bbfm.com

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by Baran
Mail-System for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses

Confidentiality Message

This email message, including its attachments, is intended only for the use
under applicable law. If the render of this notice is not the intended
recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your
system forthwith and notify us immediately. Thank you.