-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of TJ Fu Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:59 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Which method do you like for calculating
deflection

I like to use M/EI approach. It is simple and easy. All you need to do is
calculating the moments (M) at interior supports. Then the moment from the
area of the M/EI diagrams on any span will be the deflection you need to
superimpose to your simple span deflection of that same span.

If you have variable I girders, it will be some cumbersome though. So, I
developed some programs. It will not only print out the deflections for any
 span combinations (up to 12 spans), it will also print out influence
lines, moments, shears and reactions. I have also developed some LRFD
programs (Pier analysis, Field Splice design). These programs are very
handy in planning and designing your bridge projects. Let me know if you
are interested. TJ Fu tzujfu(--nospam--at)gmail.com