Re: Which method do you like for calculating deflection

Mike:

You made my day. I'm a serious Excel user but didn't know about this blog. I have also designed a tapered steel pole - but the scope of the actual design is not yet finalized. I.e. - 175 mph(3s) versus 200 mph(3s) - 400 feet + free standing. Anyway, I'll pursue the blog and it's advantage of use.