Re: Which method do you like for calculating deflection

Gary,

Can you clarify your statement a little more.  Are you looking for
maximum moments or are you looking for a moment at a specific
location?  Are you looking to plot the moment curve with exacting
accuracy?

I was also wondering how far off the three methods were.  It seems
that the methods used for indeterminant structures have got certain
assumptions that may not hold true in all situations that we might try
to use thos methods.  We can get different results with the application
of those differing methods and their corresponding assumptions.

Thank you,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.
Advantage Consulting Engineers
www.advantage-engineers.com