Re: ASME documents

I did call ASME. They told me to purchase it again and then e-mail them the receipt and they will then credit me. I just love thse people.
Gary
On 2013/03/14 12:09 PM, nma wrote:
Gary:

I've had your problem in the past also. In some cases you can call the provider and they will allow you to down load another copy in a certain time frame.

In some cases I've printed the document and then rescanned it in with Acrobat and thrown away the hard copy. Over the last few years I've been archieving all of my codes and documents. (An Epson GT-S50 works for me - both sides and scans color). It's tedious but for a while there was about a barrel of paper going out of the office and the storage sheds a week. We also have a large format Kip scanner. Almost all of my drawings have been scanned.

I know this is a little off the subject - but the frustration of obtaining codes, storing and then eventually trying to recover them is crappy. Lloyd's putting them in binders was my method also - but we use a LOT of different codes and we have various versions. You can imagine just the shelf space for the UBC and the various IBC's and the companion ASCE 7's (which are pretty thin with small type). Then there's all of

Truncated 1398 characters in the previous message to save energy.