Re: Which method do you like for calculating deflection

Dealing with moments and shears for continuous spans (constant I), I always
use M&V influence coefficients from AISC “Moments, Shears and Reactions
for Continuous Highway Bridges”. That will give you maximum/minimum M&V
at any point. For any odd span combinations or variable I spans, you could
use my programs.

TJ
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. <
design(--nospam--at)hodgsoneng.ca> wrote:

> I am looking for both max moment and moment at a specific location. What
> you say in the 2nd para is true and frustrating.
> Gary
>

> On 2013/03/14 11:10 AM, Lloyd Pack wrote:
>
>> Gary,
>>
>> Can you clarify your statement a little more.  Are you looking for
>> maximum moments or are you looking for a moment at a specific
>> location?  Are you looking to plot the moment curve with exacting
>> accuracy?
>>
>> I was also wondering how far off the three methods were.  It seems
>> that the methods used for indeterminant structures have got certain
>> assumptions that may not hold true in all situations that we might try
>> to use thos methods.  We can get different results with the application
>> of those differing methods and their corresponding assumptions.

Truncated 769 characters in the previous message to save energy.

<http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?**ln=seaint-seaosc&nm=tzujfu%**40gmail.com>