Re: Which method do you like for calculating deflection

I don't see how influence lines can help me with rolling loads. I know bridges are subject to rolling loads but how do you choose the worst location for 2 or 3 cranes each with different wheel loads and variable spacing between them.

I have a customer now who has a 15 ton crane and 7.5 ton crane and wants to know how close he can operate them while fully loaded and then only 50% loaded for one or the other.

Gary