Re: Fork Lift Loads

Larry,

I recently was looking at grating.  Grating Pacific has
some good information.  Their website is:

www.gratingpacific.com

You will see a Products navigation bar a little below the
top of the page.  On the left side of that is Metal Bar Gratings.

A list of gratings will show up on the left side, when you click
on Metal Bar Gratings.

Halfway down that list is Heavy Duty Grating.  Click that and it
will expand into a list of products with the associated load
span ratings that they've calculated.  Here is a link to the first
one in that list.

http://www.gratingpacific.com/metal_bar_gratings/heavy_duty_grating_type_w_15_4.ht
ml

They have three different sized forklifts in the table; and they include
cars and trucks, semi's not pick-ups.

HTH.

Take Care,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.
Advantage Consulting Engineers
www.advantage-engineers.com
(208)453-9356

On 22 Mar 2013 at 13:43, lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net wrote:

> To All,
>
> I am designing a steel grating floor system over a pit where the owner
> wants the grating and support beam system to carry fork lift loads but
> does
> not know what the fork lifts and load weights will be.
>
> Any suggestions on what I should use as a uniform psf load and also a
> concentrated load and over what tributary??
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Larry Hauer, S.E.

neers.com>