Re: TJ50 joists

I have a call into Redbuilt. I got a response from Weyerhauser offline that had the information that I needed. Thanks for all your contributions.

On 4/6/2013 6:49 PM, nma wrote:
Coming into this late: I always thought that TJ joists were manufactured by Weyerhauser. But the old joists have wood flanges and bent tubes for webs and are called open web joists.

Check out this web site
<http://www.redbuilt.com/products/default.aspx?id=2>

You can probably contact this company as they apparently are the original inventor's of the system.

I downloaded their spec and there's no nomenclature for TJ150 joists - but you can probably call them Monday 1 888 859-6757 and someone there may be able to help you. I know I have the old catalog some place but haven't been able to locate it yet.

Neil