Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: TJ50 joists

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I have a call into Redbuilt. I got a response from Weyerhauser offline that had the information that I needed. Thanks for all your contributions.

On 4/6/2013 6:49 PM, nma wrote:
Coming into this late: I always thought that TJ joists were manufactured by Weyerhauser. But the old joists have wood flanges and bent tubes for webs and are called open web joists.

Check out this web site

You can probably contact this company as they apparently are the original inventor's of the system.

I downloaded their spec and there's no nomenclature for TJ150 joists - but you can probably call them Monday 1 888 859-6757 and someone there may be able to help you. I know I have the old catalog some place but haven't been able to locate it yet.


On 4/6/2013 6:57 PM, Martin Li wrote:
I have SJI 75-yr Steel Joist Manual. There are J, LJ, and DLJ joists.  I

Truncated 594 characters in the previous message to save energy.

*Drew Morris, PE*| /Project Engineer/
BBFM Engineers, Inc. <>
510 L Street, Suite 200 | Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Ph: (907)274-2236 | Fax: (907)274-2520 | Web:

Post your message to the list by sending it to: SEAINT-SEAOSC(--nospam--at)

The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web.
These archives are located at:

To contact the list owner, send your message to:

5700 Ralston Street, Suite 300, Ventura, CA 93003

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here.