Fwd: Structural Systems

Dear All,

I am working on a 900 sq ft, area where there are no basements on two sides
and the owner wishes to have a basement for his property. I am not sure how
this would work. The drawings say that a 9 inch retaining wall would be
prepared to the actual footing depth. I am afraid that this wall may fail
under cantilever load and may rotate forward.

Please help.

Thank you

Yours sincerely,
Wajahat