Re: Fwd: Structural Systems

I just did one two months ago. An excavator was excavating for a new house next to an existing just finished house. The owner of the latter complained to the newer house buyer who agreed to halt work and offered to pay the existing owner any engineering fees to solve the problem. He called me and I came up with soldier piles every 4 feet bored down below the proposed new basement 4 ft and anchored them with concrete. The contractor then slid planks down between the flanges of the soldier piles. He then excavated down to the basement level and poured his basement wall. Worked fine. I described in a bit more detail so you could understand the method.
Gary