Re: Fwd: Structural Systems

Hello Wajahat,

Steel columns might work beautifully, if they are sized
correctly.  You could use concrete piers, too.

Shotcrete usually isn't used with forms like "poured" or
placed concrete is.  Shotcrete is shot out of a hose against
the wall.

How close is the neighboring  building? 1 meter? 10 cm?
Do you have room for the retaining wall footing?  Do you
have experience with digging in the soil in this area?  Will
the soil "stand" on it's own when a trench is cut into it? Or
does it slump into the trench?

Thank you,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.
Advantage Consulting Engineers