Re: Mechanical Properties of Brazilian Walnut

Hello Scott,

When you say Brazilian Walnut are you referring to
Ipé?  If so there is a reference to it in Chpt 5 of the
Wood Handbook, p. 23.  It list various properties for
the wood.

The problem with South American and African woods
is the many common names and trying to tie those
into the scientific names.  Ipé's scientific name, genus, is
Tabebuia.

HTH.

Take care,
Lloyd Pack, P.E.