Re: Mechanical Properties of Brazilian Walnut

Hello All,

Sorry to reply to myself, but I noticed that when I tried to put
the 'e' with an accent ague on the word Ipe, that the system
didn't like it.  So the word Ipe came out as Ipé.  It looked good
on my screen but not when posted.

I hope that my post below is more clear now.

Take care,
Lloyd

On 10 Apr 2013 at 8:46, Lloyd Pack wrote:

> Hello Scott,
>
> When you say Brazilian Walnut are you referring to
> Ipé?  If so there is a reference to it in Chpt 5 of the
> Wood Handbook, p. 23.  It list various properties for
> the wood.
>
> The problem with South American and African woods
> is the many common names and trying to tie those
> into the scientific names.  Ipé's scientific name, genus, is
> Tabebuia.
>
> HTH.
>
> Take care,
> Lloyd Pack, P.E.
> Advantage Consulting Engineers
> www.advantage-engineers.com
>
> On 9 Apr 2013 at 20:20, Scott Maxwell wrote:

Truncated 374 characters in the previous message to save energy.