-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Bill Polhemus Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:53 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Upgrade Fatigue?

Actually what they did was REMOVE the three importance factors and give you
 three maps!

I'm not 100% sure that's an improvement but as my old grad school prof used
 to say "how do we know its the correct way? Cuz majority rules."

(Majority of the committee members that is).

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5

On Apr 10, 2013, at 7:14 PM, Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com> wrote:

> On 4/10/2013 1:02 PM, Carl W. Jenne, P.E. wrote:
>> In Florida we've already adopted ASCE 7-10.  The revised wind
>> provisions with its different wind speeds have been a real hassle to
>> explain to architects.
>> Architect:  "What's the wind speed in that location?"  Us:  "It depends.
>> The wind blows harder on a hospital than it does on an office building."

Truncated 751 characters in the previous message to save energy.