Optimizing material cuts

I have a one-off situation at a remote site and I'm hoping that somebody
has an accessible, unsophisticated solution.

There is an inventory of steel members of various lengths.

To accommodate some new structures, we would like to site cut about 100
pieces of various lengths.

In aggregate, there is enough length and the longest parts can be cut from
the longest inventory.

No butt connections are possible.

Is anybody aware of an algorithm, or possibly a spreadsheet, to optimize x
pieces cut from y lengths?

Ultimately, we need to know if we will ship additional materials which
could delay the work.

I want to avoid several hours of manually stepping through cutting options.
This seems like something that would have been solved in a newspaper math
quiz or at a steel service centre/fab shop.

Regards

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.

--

Paul Ransom Engineering