Re: Pressure treated wood requirements above ground

I believe there is a section regarding ledgers that any wood in contact
with concrete or masonry must be "decay resistant or preservative treated."
 I'll briefly browse.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com> wrote:

> I am looking at an old building that has wood floor joists and roof
> trusses that are supported by concrete walls.  Going through 2009 IBC
> 2304.11, I can find the requirements for requiring pressure treated wood
> within 18 inches of the ground and other situations for the wood framing
> of the crawlspace.  I remember reading a passage that required pressure
> treated wood would be required for all wood bearing on concrete or
> masonry that would apply to the upper floor and roof.  I can't find this
> section, can anyone point me to it?
>
> --
> *Drew Morris, PE*| /Project Engineer/
> BBFM Engineers, Inc. <http://www.bbfm.com/>
> 510 L Street, Suite 200 | Anchorage, Alaska 99501
> Ph: (907)274-2236 | Fax: (907)274-2520 | Web: www.bbfm.com

> Post your message to the list by sending it to:
> SEAINT-SEAOSC(--nospam--at)mail-list.com.

Truncated 357 characters in the previous message to save energy.

<http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?**ln=seaint-seaosc&nm=d.**topete73%40gmail.com>

--
David Topete, SE