Steel Joists Bearing On Wood Bearing Walls

Fellow engineers,

        I have a client and an owner who want to build a building using OWS
 joists with metal decking and concrete topping and bear this on a wood
(2-by framing) bearing wall.  I've found nothing in the codes to prohibit
this and it's certainly technically possible; however, in the past I've
regarded this as bad practice and have generally avoided doing it.

        Do any of you have any thoughts on this matter?

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson