Mobile 908-309-8657

From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:16 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Steel Joists Bearing On Wood Bearing Walls

Fellow engineers,

        I have a client and an owner who want to build a building using OWS
 joists with metal decking and concrete topping and bear this on a wood
(2-by framing) bearing wall.  I've found nothing in the codes to prohibit
this and it's certainly technically possible; however, in the past I've
regarded this as bad practice and have generally avoided doing it.

        Do any of you have any thoughts on this matter?

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson