-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Charles Canitz Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:31 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Bent Plate Versus Rolled Angle

If a bent plate has the same dimensional sizes (i.e., leg lengths and
thickess) as a rolled angle, do both shapes have the same structural
capacity?

I'd assume that the bent plate has slightly less strength than the angle
based upon the "k" area not the same but not substationally less.

As usual, this question is posed in response to a reviewer's comment
regarding a project where a bent plate is proposed for brick veneer
support.

Thanks,

Charles Canitz