Basement wall seismic

For basement walls, ΔPE = kh*γ*H^2 gives the force from EQ on a
non-yielding wall.

I am in SDC B with up to 17 ft tall basement walls. In IBC 2006, I don't
see where you are allowed to ignore seismic on any retaining walls based on
being in a lower SDC. I was going use Kh=SDS/2.5 for the design, but I
wanted to verify this would give the resulting EQ force on the wall at
strength level?

Will H