-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Polhemus, William Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:56 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] iPhone Engineering App

I like it. But I am going to purchase it because I want to support the
development of these kinds of apps.

I can recall when it was "cool" to have programs on one's "fancy"
programmable calculator (e.g. HP-41C et seq). Spreadsheets etc. sort of
overtook that, and the portability was restricted to one's laptop.

Now, we are in a time when handheld and tablet devices are outselling even
the smallest form-factor laptops, and some of us would really like to take
advantage of these devices in our work.

I'm not sure how far off we are from a "post-desktop" computing world, and
indeed I'm not sure but what the current wireless and portable devices are
only a stepping-stone to what's to come soon after (e.g. "wearable"
computing - y'all should take a look at what's being said in the TECH media
 about "Google Glass" - they seem to be focusing on the wrong implications
in the popular media). Make sure your Obj-C programming skills are easily
transferable to HUD displays!

Anyway, I really appreciate this effort and will purchase your app.

Truncated 1025 characters in the previous message to save energy.