Re: L-shaped A490 Anchor Bolts

Bill,

For what it's worth, I didn't see or read any negative connatations in your
inital reply.  Yes, you have been known to be "snarky" in the past, but I
saw none of that.  Just my opinion as I am just seeing this discussion now.
 Cheers!

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Polhemus, William
<wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>wrote:

> I reread mine and wanted to clarify.
>
> I'm not "attacking" you or anyone in particular. It's a more general pet
> peeve of mine.
>
> We tend to be lazy. We write up some general notes or specs at some point
> - maybe with thought, maybe just cribbed from someone else - and then we
> reuse them for the rest of our careers without revisiting any of the
> assumptions.
>
> When I was doing legal work I saw three instances where a SEoR had
> drawing notes from the Jurassic, many of which didn't even apply to the
> project at hand or were obsolete, and in the course of the lawsuit, the
> plaintiff's attorney was able to make hay with that fact, reinforcing the
> perception the SEoR was incompetent or at the very least, lazy.
>
> Even absent the ramifications of legal liability, we should be better
> than this.
>
> Using an L-bolt is a matter of preference. Personally I don't like them

Truncated 1102 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
David Topete, SE