Re: L-shaped A490 Anchor Bolts

Well that is certainly refreshing.

But back to J-bolts: In Section 7.3 of ASCE 118 - Substation Structure Design
Guide:  Figure 7-3 - Types of anchors - Hook Bolt (Not Recommended)

Section 7.3.1.3: Hook bolts. Smooth-bar hook bolts are not recommended because of less predictable behavior in tension tests.

Also bad form to tack weld nuts to stop rotation.  You can use ANCO nuts.
Just listened to a discussion of this all in Houston in the last three days.

Neil