Re: L-shaped A490 Anchor Bolts

Same argument that the sub-station people put forth but the argument was stress raisers and the nuts weren't A36.

Neil

On 5/3/2013 2:59 AM, Bill Polhemus wrote:
"Bad form" because...?

The Gr 36 material is weldable as are the nuts. I'm always willing to
entertain new ideas of course but in our jobs - petro/industrial - we have a jillion anchor bolts. This is a cost effective solution.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5