L-shaped Anchors

This leads into a question that I ask every time the topic comes up:

Does anybody have any first hand knowledge or are they aware of a
documented failure that was initiated at the anchors? Harold previously
described, as an example, a pressurised vessel that relied on substantial
and sustained tension in the anchors. However, for more conventional
stick-frame structures, has anybody ever observed a failure due to pullout
of bent rods? I would even accept a research report on bent anchor
performance.

I like the one about the offset CG. That gives credibility to the installer
who swears the anchors were straight when they left for lunch.

Regards

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.

> From: Jim Getaz <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
>
> Note that despite the sketch on ACI Appendix D, people frown on
L-shaped