From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com]On
Behalf Of Michel Blangy
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 2:44 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Structural Engineering for Dummies

I am looking for a layman's guide to type V MFRS in areas of high seismic
risk. Ideally it would show how the building and it's contents inertia
loads the horizontal diaphragms as a simply supported beam, which are
supported by the vertical shear panels cantilevered from the ground.

Michel Blangy, P.E.
Manhattan Beach, CA