Re: L-shaped A490 Anchor Bolts

F1554 Gr 36 and Gr 55 with Supplementary Requirement S1 are weldable. We have been tacking nuts in the shop for years and no one has complained about the rod rotating when the column is erected and the top nut tightened.

If you have some material that is not weldable, a jam nut can be used. Properly installed, the nut will not rotate.

*Davis G. Parsons II PE RA *
/Texas Engineer 42397//
Texas Architect  9462/
Fort Worth, Texas