Re: L-shaped A490 Anchor Bolts

I believe it was AISC that started to use the term anchor rods versus anchor bolts. Their reasoning was that the anchor rods are not really bolts and come in L-shaped, headed or threaded rod with washer/dbl nuts. The other reason was that engineers were still going out A325 and A490 for anchor rods. F1554 was introduced and had similar strengths to A325 and A490 and was to be used.