RE: L-shaped A490 Anchor Bolts

The only problem I have had with the F 1554 is the Table 3.  There is an
obvious typo in the Gr 105 in the reduction of area.  It has a -45
...really?    The only other problem is the Gr 55 which has a reduction of
area that puts it in conflict with the ACI 318 Appendix D for the
definition of "ductile".  To be ductile per ACI, the material needs a ROA
of 30%.  When you read actual mill certs for a Gr 55, a value of 30% or
greater is very common.  I am in the process if trying to get this changed
in the F1554 spec.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
> Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 17:42:02 -0500
> Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] L-shaped A490 Anchor Bolts
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Persactly. (Well...but I think the limit is 8").
>
> There does exist the A449 standard, which is in essence the same material
> as A325 but without the restrictions thereof.
>
> However, again it's a MATERIAL standard.
>
> The nice thing about F1554 is, it's everything you need to spec and
> ANCHOR ROD, material and everything else. Even tells you the recommended
> nuts to use.
>
> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
>
> 5

Truncated 1229 characters in the previous message to save energy.