Re: ACI 318-08 12.6 help

FOLLOW-UP:

>From the COMMENTARY in ACI 318-11 R12.6 (emphasis mine):

"The development of headed deformed bars and the develop-
ment  and  anchorage  of  deformed  bars  through  the  use  of
mechanical devices within  concrete  are  addressed  in 12.6.
As used  in 12.6, development describes cases  in which  the
force  in  the  bar  is  transferred  to  the  concrete  through  a
combination of a bearing force at the head and bond forces
along the bar. Such cases are covered in 12.6.1 and 12.6.2.
In contrast, anchorage describes cases in which the force in
the bar is transferred through bearing to the concrete at the
head  alone. Design  requirements  for  anchors  are  given  in
Appendix D."

4