Re: Bay Bridge Broken Bolts and Tendon problems in segmental portion

We had a similar sitch here about 12-15 years ago with the Fred Hartmann
bridge - cable-stayed.

Cost and schedule overruns and shoddy workmanship - esp w regard to the
cables which were installed "not to spec" and to this day have to be
adjusted frequently - notwithstanding, the contractor submitted a huge
claim and ended up with something on the order of $70 million MORE.

Hm. Wonder who paid...

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.

5