Re: bullet-proof glass anchorage

The ballistic glazing project I was involved in had a similar drive up kind
of situation. There were no blast requirements, there isn't any standoff
either so it would have been a minimum prescriptive by UFC (for my case) if
it had any blast requirements anyway...

I specify stainless when attaching aluminum to concrete or steel
surrounding structure.

WH

On Thursday, May 23, 2013, David Topete wrote:

> Thanks to all who've replied.  This is for bullet-proof glazing at a
> transaction window (interior).  I've asked for additional performance
> specs, but apparently none have made themselves available.
>
> A couple of concerns I have/had are the use of maybe stainless
> anchors/screws through the aluminum frame into the CFS framing or
> concrete, as well as the use of powder-actuated fasteners versus
> expansion anchors versus screw anchors.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Polhemus, William
> <wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com <javascript:;>>wrote:
>
>> Is this "bullet-proof glass" to resist impacts from actual BULLETS, or
>> is it perhaps intended to resist wind-blown debris? (Bear in mind that
>> we've had many instances of hurricane debris, such as stone-ballast from
>> roofing, obliterating window curtain-walls in downtown areas e.g.
>> Houston and Mobile).

Truncated 900 characters in the previous message to save energy.