Re: AP: Wash. State bridge collapses into Skagit River; sends vehicles, people into water

Bill,
I am looking at the photo at this following site and it does not look that there is a lot of corrosion. The red colors are the primer paint and not corrosion.

Of course one photo does not say much and inside of the connection or even members might have some corrosion but does not look like that.

My Google Image search turned up following sites with a photo of I-5 Skagit Bridge , Mt Vernon , Washington. Seems to be photos of the collapsed bridge before collapse unless there are more than one truss bridge on I-5 crossing Skagit River which is unlikely but not impossible. The bridge seems to be simply supported "through deck" riveted truss bridge.

<http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=4584000>

 Best.

 Hassan Astaneh
www.ce.berkeley.edu/~astaneh