-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Abolhassan Astaneh Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:30 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] AP: Wash. State bridge collapses into Skagit
River; sends vehicles, people into water

Last post of the night.  Here is a radio interview with a witness who
actually saw a semi-truck with a wide and tall load hit the bridge (seems
it has hit the portal bottom strut ) at the entrance  to truss spans) and
then he says he saw the bridge span collapse right after.  Here is the
radio station:   http://www.kiroradio.com/listen/9956456/?ap=1

One last item, the sites indicate the clearance below the deck as 7.9 ft.
That is the clearance at high level of water.  The collapse photos show
that the clearance between the deck and the river water is about 15-20
feet.   Still not very high clearance for the deck and cars on it to drop.

Hassan Astaneh

On 5/23/2013 10:36 PM, Abolhassan Astaneh wrote:
> Here is a summary of inspection and rating information and basic
> information  for I-5 Over Skagit  River Bridge, a 4-span thru truss
> bridge , one span of which collapsed on May 23. The info is from
> http://uglybridges.com/1589303
>
> Average daily traffic:     70,526 [as of 2007]

Truncated 1028 characters in the previous message to save energy.