-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] Im
Auftrag von Abolhassan Astaneh Gesendet: Freitag, 24. Mai 2013 07:08
An: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Betreff: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] AP: Wash. State bridge collapses into Skagit
River; sends vehicles, people into water

There is nice interactive photo of the collapsed bridge taken on the
bridge. <http://bridgehunter.com/wa/skagit/4794A0000000/>

You can rotate the viewfinder and see different views.  Visually, the
bridge members and connections seem to be in good condition (at least the
ones that are in the view).

Hassan Astaneh

On 5/23/2013 9:25 PM, Abolhassan Astaneh wrote:
> Bill,
> I am looking at the photo at this following  site and it does not look
> that there is a lot of corrosion. The red colors are the primer paint
> and not corrosion.
>
> <http://cirrus.mail-list.com/seaint-seaosc/24990918.html>
>
> Of course one photo does not say much and inside of the connection or
> even members might have some corrosion but does not look like that.
>
> My Google Image search turned up following sites with a photo of I-5
> Skagit Bridge , Mt Vernon , Washington.  Seems to be photos of the
> collapsed bridge before collapse unless there are more than one truss
> bridge on I-5 crossing Skagit River which is unlikely but not
> impossible. The bridge seems to be simply supported "through deck"
> riveted truss bridge.
>
> <http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=4584000>
>
> <http://cirrus.mail-list.com/seaint-seaosc/05932262.html>

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your
email address, click here.
<http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?ln=seaint-seaosc&nm=peter.rangelow%40areva.com>