Re: AP: Wash. State bridge

Thank you.  Good article.

Neil

On 5/28/2013 12:39 PM, Jose M Rojas wrote:
*Functional Obsolescence versus **Structural Deficiency..*

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Polhemus, William
<wpolhemus(--nospam--at)craworld.com>wrote:

Those who know me might find this surprising, but after my experience of
five years working almost exclusively on Texas DOT projects in the late
1990s, including close contact with TxDOT engineering and project
management personnel, I came to the conclusion that the move to
"privatize" engineering design of transportation facilities was a huge
mistake, and possibly the worst example of "crony capitalism" that you
could find at that time - at the state level.

(Our current Federal government's "pay to play" and "investment" (in
boondoggles) mentality makes it seem like child's play in comparison,

Truncated 709 characters in the previous message to save energy.