-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Bill Polhemus Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:09 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Precast Concrete Panels for Below-Ground
Construction

I'm trolling for information here.

I've worked on several below-ground vaults for pump equipment, constructed
using steel sheet piles to form the vault, perimeter, excavation, and then
finishing with cast in place concrete.

I'm thinking that it might be worthwhile exploring the possiblity of using
precast panels rather than cast-in-place to form the walls. This might be
either panels that are put in place and snugged to the sheet-pile walls, or
 even precast concrete sheet piles by themselves.

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of construction? Any advice,
or caveats? Any recommendations as to where one might find additional
information? The PCI handbook has very little to offer.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Sent via Alpine 2.03 Email Client / Fedora Gnu Linux Release 18 Because I
AM that most bizarre of combinations, a THROWBACK-GEEK!