Re: Steel stud deflection track

Drew,
You can try the Lightweight Steel Framing Design Manual (2nd Ed) by Tom Trestain published by the Canadian Sheet Steel Building Institute in Cambridge Ontario, www.cssbi.ca. He has a sample problem in there dealing with a similar situation. If metric does not get you excited, you might inquire of the American Iron and Steel Institute (or was it ASCE) as Tom told me he had been hired by them to write an American version. I hope this helps.
Gary