Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Steel stud deflection track

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Attached please find prior CFSEI technical note That I have as a member 
privilege. You can make spread sheet with formula found in the note.
I hope that is you are looking for.
Dilip I Patel, PE
Senior Structural Engineer
ENCO Structural Engineers, Inc.
7226 Lee Deforest Dr, Suite 202
Columbia, MD 21046
P: 410-953-8181

 From: Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)>
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:51 PM
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Steel stud deflection track

I am working on a project that has a structural steel framework with steel 
stud walls.  These walls are shear walls sheathed with plywood. The walls 
are aligned with the framing (not a bypass wall), so the top of the wall 
will slip into a deflection track. What I need is a deflection track/clip 
that allows vertical movement from live and snow loading but can transfer 
lateral forces from the diaphragms to the sheathed walls. Any 
recommendations out there?

*Drew Morris, PE*| /Project Engineer/
BBFM Engineers, Inc. <>
510 L Street, Suite 200 | Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Ph: (907)274-2236 | Fax: (907)274-2520 | Web:

Post your message to the list by sending it to: 

The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web.
These archives are located at:

To contact the list owner, send your message to:

Sponsored By: Pacific Structural & Forensic Engineers Group, Inc. (PSFEG)

To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here.