Flange thickness: .425"

>From Bethlehem Structural Shapes Catalogue S-27 (1928)

Email me directly for a pdf of the catalogue.
nick(--nospam--at)kishrigging.com

I also have the Beth from 1948, and the Carnegie Steel Company pocket
companion from 1903 and 1923.

Nick Fanger, SE

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Valerie Eskelsen Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:35 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Steel beam from 1913

Currently asked to look at a remodel of a garage.  Owners are saying that
it is 100 yrs old.  Beam is an unusual shape (19 - 15/16" deep with 8 1/8"
x 3/8" bottom flange exposed) not in the historical database as downloaded
from AISC.  It is rusty so dimensions could be distorted.  All of the B20
that are similar depth have at least 1/2" thick flanges. Is there are
resource that will guide me with the properties of the steel that are
likely from that time period?
Valerie Eskelsen
636-448-3639 (cell)