-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:36 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Steel beam from 1913

Valerie,
The only thing I can add to what has been said is to measure the beam in
several places.  Due to rusting and rolling tolerances, there may be
several variations in the thicknesses along the beam. I have seen some
weird variations in beams.  I have also seen beams that were rejected at
the mill as out of tolerance and sold to scrap dealers who in turn sold
them to so-so steel re-sellers. Gary Hodgson