Re: Town Home Lateral Loads

Joe,
This project has a separation between units. One jurisdiction here does not allow double top plates or floor sheathing to go through the air gap. So I am not sure how I can really tie the floors of multiple units together. The roof sheathing is continuous and the exterior sheathing are continuous. Maybe thats all I need. But if I do tie multiple units together this jurisdiction will ask for calculations to show how I am transferring the loading to multiple units.

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:43:39 -0700
From: "Joe Venuti" <jovenengr(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
Subject: RE: Town Home Lateral Loads

Jeff

Do you place a separation between the units or is it just a party wall of
staggered studs ?

If not then distribute Wind to 2 or 3 end units depending upon loading
requirements

Joe Venuti

.

--
Jeff Hedman*/, P.E/**/, S.E./*

L.R. Pope Engineering, Inc.
1240 East 100 South Suite # 15B
St. George, Utah  84790
Office: 435-628-1676
Fax: 435-628-1788
email: jeff_h(--nospam--at)lrpope.com

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this information is prohibited, and may be punishable by law. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail or by telephone and destroy all contents of the original message on all computers or hard copies.