To: <seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:57 AM
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Jib crane impact factor

I am evaluating an existing column to determine whether it can handle an upgraded jib crane. The owner whats to swap out the 1/2 ton crane with a 1 ton crane. Somewhere i saw that the crane live load is multiplied by an impact factor of 2, but i can't find the code reference. Any ideas?

--
*Drew Morris, PE*| /Project Engineer/
Ph: (907)274-2236 | Fax: (907)274-2520 | Web: www.bbfm.com