Re: ASCE 7 wind software

Oops, it looks like I replied to the board and not just to Bill.  My
apologies.

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian <bsh117(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] ASCE 7 wind software

Bill,

I am currently using their software, but have found two possible
programmatic errors in their calculations of open structures.  One of their
errors causes a conservative result; however, the other one does not.
I've notified them over two months ago and they have not provided a patch.
Instead, I recently asked for an update and received an email stating, "I'm
sorry we are not moving fast enough for you.  We are working on a complete
overhaul of the software and these things take time."

I have not mentioned this on the boards because I do not want to slam the
company.  Personally, I don't think this was an appropriate response from
them.  It does concern me that they have software out there that may be
incorrect.  I've notified them about it, but they don't seemed too
concerned about letting their consumers know.

Brian