Re: License Renewal Telemarketing Calls

Best you can do is register the cell phone with the Do Not Call list.

This will stop some.  But, these days with today's technologies, they call
you from some spoofed CallerID number and similar type crap.  So, as a
result, there are lots of scumbags who ignore the Do Not Call list because
they realize that even if someone bothers to report them, their chances of
getting caught are rather low.

I generally don't get hardly any such calls on my cell number, but then I
have never used my cell number as a primary number such that it gets widely
 "spread" in the world.  My home landline, however, does get calls.  I
usually get about 4 or 5 calls per week from what appears to be various
cities...and I assume to be spoofed CallerID numbers many times.  And I
know they were either trying to sell me crap or charity/non-profit (I have
a policy that I do not respond to phone solicitations...even from
charities/non-profits that I regularly support...this includes the U of M
alumni giving calls) as they hardly ever leave a message...since it is my
personal line, I don't answer unless I recognize the CallerID.  My business
 landline as well does not get much "spam"...again because it is not widely
 distributed to place that might stick it on some calling list that gets
sold.

That is the downside of many people dropping landlines and just using a
cell phone.  Since you then tend to give your cell phone to various places
for bills, etc, there is a high chance that your cell number will end up on
 some calling list that get sold to scumbags.

Regards,

Scott